Indian Head Massage involves massage of the upper back, shoulders, arms, hands, neck, head and face. I have adapted this treatment so you can relax whilst lying down, which many people tend to prefer, though you can remain seated if you prefer. This massage has been practised in India for thousands of years and can be relaxing, stimulating and invigorating and is thought to relieve symptoms of stress and tension.
As with all my massage treatments, you can combine your Indian Head Massage with essential oils
Click here for more details about essential oils and aromatherapy treatments.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage can;
- Stimulate the scalp promoting healthy hair
- Improve circulation
- Relieve stress and tension
- Relieve anxiety
- Promote relaxation
- Increase mobility of the joints
- Helps relieves headaches and sinus problems
After the Treatment
After the treatment you should try to;
- Drink plenty of water to flush toxins from the body
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours (increased circulation can mean you get intoxicated more quickly)
- If oil is in your hair apply shampoo to dry hair to emulsify the oil and then wash as normal.
- Avoid hot treatments such as a Jacuzzi or sauna
Indian Head Massage – £26.00 (40 minutes)