- Statement of Intent
- Holistic and Beauty Treatments by Lucy Dempster is committed to meeting the terms set out by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) to ensure that personal information is collected and used in a transparent way ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Holistic and Beauty Treatments by Lucy Dempster will not share your personal information with any other third party unless your consent has been given. Exclusions do apply (see section 3).
- Collection of information
- Treatment enquiry or booking: Personal information such as your name, email address and phone number will be collected when you contact the business via the website, telephone, our social media platforms or email. This information will be used to correspond with you regarding your enquiry and / or to correspond with you regarding any appointment you may schedule. This information will not be shared with any third party.
- Booking a treatment: Information obtained during the medical consultation at your first treatment (For Example: name; address; date of birth and medical details) will be used in order for our therapist, Lucy Dempster, to carry out a safe and effective treatment. After each subsequent treatment additional information will be recorded including: date of treatment; type of treatment; products used; outcomes; additional medical information you provide. This information will not be shared with any third party.
- Purchasing a Gift Voucher: Personal information such as your name, email address and details of the recipient of the gift voucher will be collected to enable us to process delivery. Payment is made via Paypal so our business does not see or have access to credit or debit card details.
- Google Analytics is used on our website to collect information for statistical analysis. Information is collected such as: when you visited the website, where you accessed the website from, what pages you visited. We do not use the information that is collated to identify you and it is not shared with anyone.
- Social Media and testimonials: Any testimonials sent to the website or social media platforms will only be shared on other platforms with your permission. Testimonials on the website will only feature your first name and the first initial of your surname. If you would like a testimonial, review or comment removing from the website or Facebook please contact Lucy at email@example.com
- Any information collected will only be used for the purpose for which it is collected. For example; to correspond with you regarding your appointments; to enable us to provide you with a safe and effective treatment.
- If information is going to be used in any additional ways this will be stated with an opt in box for you tick. For Example; your date of birth can be used to provide you with a free gift voucher on your birthday if you opt in.
- Disclosure of Information Information will only be disclosed with your permission except where it is lawful or necessary to disclose information. For example: if life is at risk; notifiable diseases; if an unlawful act has been carried out.
- Retention of Personal Information
- Holistic and Beauty Treatments by Lucy Dempster holds insurance with Balens, a member of the Zurich Insurace plc group and is a member of the BRCP and CAR. As a condition of these memberships all client records have to be kept for a minimum of 7 years from the date of your last treatment.
- 7 years after from the date of your last treatment your records will be destroyed.
- Security and Storage
- All personal information held about you is kept securely in a locked cabinet. Consultation forms are kept locked up and no one can gain access to your information apart from your therapist.
- Information you provide is retained to enable us to contact you regarding appointments and to enable us to create adequate records for insurance and legal purposes.
- Our website contains links to third party websites such as paypal. The collection of personal information from these websites is not under our control.
- Your Rights
- Under the GDPR you have the right to request access to or to edit personal information held about you. We will provide you with a record of all information held about you within 30 days of request. There will be no charge made. If you feel any information we have regarding you is incorrect please inform us and amendments will be made.
- Further Information:
Revised May 2018